Monday, July 8, 2013

Sanibel Lighthouse



Friday the day after 4th of July, fifteen members of Sanibel-Captiva Art League had an art show at Baileys in Sanibel.  We all brought along a partly-completed painting to work on.  I sketched in the lighthouse and buildings and spattered gesso on the water area.  Where you see the lighter color water is where the gesso landed.  I did flatten the gesso with a pallette knife.  We all had fun.  Baileys had water and crackers and munchies for us.  We also had wine tasting and the ice creama store gave us all yogurt.  We plan to do it again in November.

Watercolor  20X28

1 comment:

  1. I love the painting! I am so glad that you told how you added the gesso. I will have to try that! It was really nice of Bailey's to have the art show. I miss so much being away in the summer. But I guess it evens out because I also gain by seeing family and enjoying all those mountain drives.

    ReplyDelete